- A market leader in design and installation of aquaculture facilities across Australasia
- Aquaculture is a growth sector
- Risk is high in aquaculture production and along the supply chain
- Ownership is fragmented, a few dominant corporates and many small operators
- Our client is a niche operator.
The Client’s challenge
- The organisational design was not aligned to the future goals of the company
- Staff competence and attitude varied greatly
- The regional location was driving up supply chain costs.
- The company’s financial performance, organizational design, and management systems were reviewed, and employees interviewed
- Performed was measured against a global industry benchmark
- Competitors’ strategies were compared to the client’s strategy.
- Prepare a 5-year strategic plan. Sales Consultants facilitated the sessions.
- Restructure the organization. This meant some employees were made redundant, changes introduced to the way customer relationships were managed, develop strategic relationships with global equipment and technology suppliers.
- Location issue:
- Relocate the regional headquarters.
- Build a New Zealand presence, initially with a technical salesperson.
- Increase technical and sales support presence in southern regions of Australia.
The recommendations were accepted and implemented with the support of Sales Consultants.
Questions? – Contact Kurt Newman +61 412 252 236 or [email protected]