The division revenues were $80ml and part of a group of international companies with a turnover of $1.9Bl. Sales had been stagnant for 18 months, various consultants had been used with limited success, state managers and salespeople hired and employment terminated, employee turnover was higher than other regions in the world, morale and productivity was low.
• To grow new business and increase account management sales
• Differentiate the sales team from their competitors.
Methodology and Process
There were many issues at play and the real cause/s had to be identified. An Infield Sales Review was recommended and accepted. This involved Kurt Newman accompanying a cross section of salespeople on their daily sales calls. A structured interview was used when meeting with internal operations, administration and management.
Concerns and comments were kept confidential. This created a flood of consistent information. Major obstacles were identified that prevented the desired sales performance, morale and productivity gains.
A range of structured competency-based sales, management and customer service programs were designed and implemented in a classroom learning environment. A tailored sales pipeline methodology was developed and implemented at each branch. Infield Sales Coaching with individual salespeople was initiated post structured learning. This was initially done at fortnightly intervals and eventually once every three months. The process was then handed over to sales management to continue.
Outcomes & Key Benefits
1) Tradespeople Division bookings grew from 330 to 350 within 2 months. In eighteen months 1,000 tradespeople.
2) Poor sales performers left of their own accord due to tighter accountability.
3) Sales increased 10 – 30% in key accounts.
4) A new recruitment, selection and induction process was implemented. Management were trained in the process.
5) A new strategic account management system was implemented.
6) The mean average sales competency level progressed from 2 to 4 whilst two salespeople achieved the highest level 6.
Questions? – Contact Kurt Newman +61 412 252 236 or [email protected]